• Craig Whitaker

Patio Speakers Not Working? Part #1

With the warmer weather, our clients are venturing outside only to discover their outdoor speakers stopped working. The troubleshooting process for this issue depends on whether your system operates on the older Bose Boselink platform or on the new Bose Soundtouch or Sonos streaming music platform. This week we will discuss Boselink, next week streaming music platforms. The 1st step is to check the batteries in your Patio remote control and change if necessary. 2nd confirm that your Boselink cable is connected to the back of your Bose console. If you have other music zones in your system and those zones are working, skip this step. Next check the connections at the amplifier including the Boselink connection, speaker connections, and the electrical cord. If are connections are secure, look at the light on your amplifier. If there is no light, plug the amplifier into another electrical outlet. If there is still no light on, most likely your amplifier needs to be replaced. If the light is flashing amber, the amplifier may need to be paired again with the remote control. See your Bose amplifier manual for pairing details. If the light on the amplifier is solid green, check the connections at the speakers. If the speaker wires are connected properly at the speaker, in 95% of the cases the speakers will need to be replaced. The other 5% possibility is the wiring is bad, probably caused by an animal on the outside. Physically check the wiring for any defects or breaks. To learn more about outdoor audio and video, please visit our website @ www.wbsouth.com/outdoor-living-spaces.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Why Can’t I Control My Outdoor Speakers from My Deck?

Now that Spring has arrived, many of our clients have added or are adding music to their outdoor Living Spaces. After selecting the right speakers for the space and type of amplifier needed, one criti

Patio Speakers Not Working? Part #2

Last week we discussed Outdoor speakers that were part of an old Boselink system, and the various steps to troubleshoot non-working speakers. This week we will focus on outdoor speakers that are power

  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Twitter

Proudly Installing Custom Audio Video Solutions for the Past 30 years

NOW Offering Smart Home Solutions

 

Serving Delaware, Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia, and West Virginia

 

2017 Whitaker Brothers South | All Rights Reserved